Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tornadic Red Velvet

 Alright, so there has been this awful batch of storms roaming across the country.  It came across here last night.  It only threw off 48 tornadoes cross North Carolina (only 48).  So the weather outside was frightening but I thought I could make my kitchen delighting!  LOL!  The key word in that sentence was thought.  I decided to try out my red velvet recipe. 



What you can't tell here is all the humidity in the air sunk my cupcakes and melted my frosting!  However, the cream cheese frosting was still absolutely delicious even in a melty mess!  I really didn't think the cake had much flavor at all.  So back to the drawing board on this recipe.  (I told ya'll this is my blog to getting my bakery...I am not afraid to share my failures!)  I will try a new red velvet recipe soon!  My prayers go out to all the people affected by this tornadic storm! 

Cupcakes coming soon:
Peanut Butter Cookies (will give out this recipe)
 Margarita Cupcakes (Cinco De Mayo)
Strawberry Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment