Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Time!

It's peanut butter cookie time...peanut butter cookie time.  Peanut butter cookie...peanut butter cookie and a baseball bat.  LOL!
Happy birthday my most wonderful hubby!  My loving hubby has been my best taster so, needless to say he is a little cupcaked out.  This year for his birthday he requested his favorite sweet tooth treat...Peanut Butter Cookies!  They are also perfect for packing on our camping trip this weekend, much easier then trying to pack cupcakes for a camping/fishing trip.
If your dream cookie is soft in the middle with just a bit of crunch on the edges and filled with that old timey peanut butter flavor then these are the cookies for you my friend.  My hubby and my brother-in-law absolutely LOVE these...Try them for yourself and tell me what you think!



Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 12-16 cookies

1 cup peanut butter ( I use Skippy Natural)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla exact
2 Tablespoons sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar, egg and vanilla until all incorporated.  Take about 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough and make a ball and place on a nongreased cookie sheet.  Then pour the remaining sugar into a bowl.  Take a fork and dip in the sugar, then press on each cookie in a cross pattern.  Make sure to dip the fork back in the sugar bowl after each press on the cookie.  Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.  After removing from oven let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before moving.  Enjoy the deliciousness! 



No comments:

Post a Comment